- RIM grown to a $5.2billion company.
- RIM core technology centers on radio technology and mobile communication.
- Research and development is a key success to RIM.
- RIM’s product gives up $85 million in revenues and $10.5 million in net income in 2000.
- RIM 850, 950, and 957 products have a software package that allows the user to access email “anytime anywhere.”
- RIM and Intel “Most Successful
Alliancein North America.” By awarding them in 1999 Canadian American Business Achievement Award.
- RIM had relationship with community software, technical support, and discussion forums with its “Developer Zone.”
- They were providing the advance technology product.
- Blackberry prices were high.
- They have to come up with some solution to better their new product than Motorola.
- The internet service should be faster to login to email system.
- RIM is not application development.
- They hired third parties to develop the application for Blackberry devices.
- Great product with advance technology.
- Lots of features in Blackberry.
- Fulfill the customer needs and wants.
- RIM was doing well in the market
- Brand loyalty
- They know what their customer wants.
- Leading-edge radio technology.
- Some famous communication product was already in the market for example pagers.
- They were first in the market for their famous product Blackberry.
- Competition between Motorola.
- Motorola had some good product to compete with RIM blackberry.
- Nokia, Ericsson, and Motorola are the major components of email capable mobile phones.
- Nokia largest cell phone provider.
- Motorola has strong brand appreciation with the consumer market.
- Motorola know how to promote their product in to the market.
- Motorola have good relationship with National Football League (NFL).